Buddy ~In Loving Memory~

There is a neglected dog wandering around our neighborhood. What should I do?

There is a lab named Buddy who lives a few streets away from us. His owners keep him tied up all the time so when he gets loose naturally he runs away. He comes to our house a lot and he is always STARVING; like they never feed him. Sometimes he has a collar with a number on it so they will come and pick him up but a few days later he’s back. He’s the nicest, friendliest dog but we can’t keep him. Should we take him to the pound the next time he shows up? I want to help him. (I’m only 15 though.)

Asked by Buddy ~In Loving Memory~ on Mar 20th 2009 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

Bailey

Find out what the laws are in your town about animal neglect and such. If you can find a law that the dogs owners are breaking, then you can report them and, hopefully, there will be something done about it and maybe give the dog to a shelter, but a lot of times the owners just get a fine or minor "warning" and are allowed to keep the dog. If you find a law thats being broken, then next time you get the dog, keep him and call up the owners and say that what they're doing is illegal and you're going to report them etc. They sound like the obviously don't care about the dog so rather then risk a fine or legal issues they will probably say you can keep the dog or take him to a shelter or something like that. Don't take him to the pound, Labs are popular but not enough to get adopted fast enough at the pound.
Its great that you're trying to help him, I'm only 14 and there are a bunch of animal problems in our area that I'm not allowed to do anything about.
Good luck, hope you get him away

Bailey answered on 3/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would call animal control or take him to the pound. although they may end up killing heim, the way things are going, he may not last long anyways. That would give him a chance at a good home.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

call the animal shelter or ASPCA it's not fair to the dog. Have your parents call.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 3/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer