Candy

The life expectancy of The Boxer

Wehave had 5 boxers and only one has lived over 6 years old, Candy, the one we have now is going on 6, would appreciate knowing how long others have lived. Thank you

Asked by Candy on Dec 3rd 2007 in Boxer

Answers

I have a friend that breeds boxers and has always had them. Her oldest one lived to be 12 years old, however I do remember her saying that it wasn't common and that they have a more realistic life expectancy of 9-10 years. She just recently (about 2 months ago) lost her little man and he was 6 months shy of 11 years old. I would say 6 years old sounds pretty young to be losing them. Did you talk to your vet about this? Is there anything similar in how they died or from what? Are you keeping them at a healthy weight and feeding them high quality food?

Well just my experience with boxers, however, I have never owned one just lived close to them through my best friend.