Vega

Sudden bumps on skin, not like a rash but like a reaction

Vega is our 7 month old American Pit Bull, and she is complatly white in color except for a few small grey barely visable spots on her behind. A FEW HOURS AFTER coming in from playing outside I noticed she had like 50 small bumps mostly near her back. She acted like she didn't even know they were there. No itching or irritation and after investigation i found no bugs, or scabs, they weren't even red or hot to the touch. It's two days later now, and they've just about all disappeared. What could it have been? My friend said perhaps yellow jackets had bit her. wouldn't those bites make her sick?

Asked by Vega on Aug 27th 2008 Tagged skin, bumps in Health & Wellness

Answers

If she had been bitten by yellow jackets, YES you would have noticed. If it wasn't anything that bothered her, it could have just been from the heat, or maybe she rubbed up against something that irritated her skin. It is possible that some things won't bother certain dogs, where as for other dogs, it seems to be the end of the world.

Peanut

Some dogs have an allergic reaction to plants and grass. Since it went away already you don't need to spend money at the vet but watch each time she goes out and see where she is playing so you can identify the grass and plants in that area. My Boston Peanut sometimes has the same problem

Peanut answered on 8/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Keiko

My dog is highly allergic to lots of food along with grass and sme types of trees. The small bumps are hives from the allergic reaction. My vet told me to give Keiko clariton twice a day. That seems to help a whole lot but she still gets hives every now and then but at least she isnt losing her fur like before. I spent about 300 bucks on an allergy test for her which told me everything she was allergic to. Good luck. And make sure you give Vega a bath every 3 days with soap called neem its a bar and less harsh then others like Hartz on her skin. The bath will wash off her skin and fur of allergins.

Keiko answered on 9/9/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer