Strange eating habit, eats with her favorite toy.

My dog, a toy poodle, eats with her favorite toy. Meaning that she will bring the toy to her dish, get a piece of food, bring it three feet away, then go back to her dish, get the toy and bring it to the food then eat the food as if to make the toy watch her.
Is this common? Does anyone else's dog do this? What is the need within her to do this action? Is she "sharing" w/ the toy, or makiing thr toy watch her and therefore tortuing it? Anyone have any idea?

Asked by Member 1151247 on Jan 21st 2013 Tagged sharing, food, toys, strangeeatingbehavior, eating, behavior, strange in Behavior & Training

Answers

Tiara

I do not think it is anything to worry about. But who really knows why she does it. Maybe it is a way to keep an eye on the toy so no one takes it away. Or maybe the toy is a comfort to her and makes it easier to eat. I have not had any of my dogs do that but I think it is fine.

Tiara answered on 1/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer