Pinki

Someone told me Pinki was a merle, I had never heard of that but doing some research I think they were right. Is she?

Asked by Pinki on Mar 31st 2014 Tagged color, merle, apbt, pitbull in Breeds

Best Answer

Ember FDX

It's difficult to tell from the photos on her profile, but between the blue eyes and what looks like spotting down her back, I would call her red merle.

An American Pit Bull Terrier as recognized by the UKC can never be merle, though. So if she is supposed to be purebred, she either isn't merle or is from an accidental mixed breeding. Merle patterning is not a trait that can randomly show up in an individual. It's in a breed, or it is not.

If you're calling her APBT as a general type, it's very possible. There are plenty of bully breeds and breeds that will carry a bully-ish look in a mix that are merle.

Ember FDX answered on Apr 6th.

Answers

I don't see the Merle in her. She's a Pit Bull.