envey

Some one please help me!!!Blister like bumps under mouth on chin and around mouth on her mussle too.... please help

have had my dog for 7 1/2 years she is my heart. The forth of july I noticed some bumps underneath her chin and around her upper lip (cheek).
What I know
1. She is to old for the acne
2. She already uses stainless steel bowls
3. She has had no rubber chew toys
4. Has been no where new

Had to take her to the emergency hospital which cost a ton because it was the fourth
He sent me home w/
1 giving her a cortizone shot
2 cephalexin
3 prednisone
4 Told me to call my vet and get a biopsy done (which is almsot my rent)

Now here is my dilemma..
I cannot afford a biopsy..
It is getting better but she is my whole life and im scared that it might be something bad

they r red sores that blistered and multiplyed over night on her chin, neck, and above her mouth.
Has anyone experienced and it wasnt auto-immune disorder???? It would take so much stress off of me please help
how can i post a picture???

Asked by envey on Jul 6th 2011 Tagged redsores, bumps, mouthsores, blister, pimplelike, bloody, ulcer in Skin Problems

Answers

Gia

I understand she's your life, but its best to do what the vet told you, ask him if there are any other options than a biopsy.

Gia answered on 7/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

*Tommy*

it sounds as if your dog could of gotten into a fire ant nest their sting causes blisters and she could of had an allergic reaction or the allergic reation was caused by something else what i dont know it could be several things see what your vet thinks about the red sores and blisters and ask your vet if there are other options besides the biopsy or if she really needs the biopsy and if you can pay over a length of time

*Tommy* answered on 7/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Molly

If you are absolutely strapped and there is no way for you to pay for it there is an organization that helps with vet bills. I used them when I had an emergency that I could not afford with one of my dogs. They can be found at imom.org. Please only use this if you absolutely cannot afford the care they are a nonprofit and like all help agencies are always short of funds.

Molly answered on 7/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer