Mocha

So my female dog stands over and bites my cats neck or head not enough to hurt him though but its only my cat but...

So my female dog stands over and bites my cats neck or head not enough to hurt him though but its only my cat but none of the other cats i own. the cat she does this too is my cat and the rest of the cats are my brothers and sisters cats. what i dont understand why she does this to only my cat? his name is tiger and hes a male and Mocha my dog is a female. is this a dominance thing because i always cuddle with my cat so im sure my scent is on him is this jealousy? or dominance? i dont really understand, but whenever my cat is with me or i call my cat she goes after him and stands over him and bites his neck but not hard enough for her to puncture my cat? any clue what this could be?

Asked by Mocha on Jun 12th 2013 Tagged jealousydominance in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

My dog bites my cat's neck (but it seems like a scratch using his teeth and my cat likes it). It seems that he's trying to get rid of an itch.

Chase

My dog does that to my cats when she wants to play. "See, I won't hurt you! I can be gentle! Now run around and let me chase you!"

Chase answered on 6/13/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer