Beauty and Nala

So I am looking for the best NATURAL flea and tick remedy. And the best way to protect from heartworms

I don't want to use frontline or any of those. non chemical is the best way I think.

Asked by Beauty and Nala on Nov 6th 2013 Tagged flea, nochemical in Health & Wellness

Answers

Tick Tock Naturals works the best for my dog who has Lyme. He has not had one tick since we switched from the toxic stuff. (fingers crossed) Just remember to spritz it on them every few days. Flea combing, bathing, vacuuming and washing the bedding keeps the fleas from being an issue. I use DE (FOOD GRADE) in the carpet during flea season.

I have heard that a lemon juice and borax mixture works well. Look for posts by Izzie the cat about natural stain and odor remedies on this site as well. You can purchase a tick key which is a gadget that completely removes the tick if you see one. Natural Defense by Sentry works for us when we have to take a vet visit. ^_^

Try aromatherapy. For fleas and ticks, mix 15-20 drops of any of following essential oils with a base oil and spray on your dog daily.

* For fleas – citronella, peppermint, lemon, clary sage
* For ticks – lavender, myrrh, bay, geranium