Willow

Small hard bumps on top of puppy's head

My 10 week old puppy has these small hard bumps on the top of her head. I noticed one the first day we got her which was 2 weeks ago. She now has maybe 10 of them. She did have some fleas when we got her but we treated her and I haven't seen any in a few days. (I check her every day) Could they be some type of allergic reaction or maybe flea bites? They don't seem to bother her at all. A few of them look like small scabs. She is going to the vet next week and I'm going to ask her about it but I was just wondering if someone might know what they are. Thanks

Asked by Willow on Feb 4th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

Your story sounds very similar to mine with 2 exceptions: my puppy is younger and there's only one bump, about 1/2 inch in diameter. I've not found anything yet, and as he's only 6 weeks, we've not taken him to a vet yet (cost prohibitive to do 2 visits in 2-3 weeks). I would be very interested to hear what you find out. Please share the findings here. Thanks!