Ella

Since being spayed, my dog has started barking more than usual...? (edit)

She was spayed about 2 weeks ago, and has picked up the nasty habit of barking at people when she is in a vehicle. Although she looks scary and sounds dangerous, she doesn't act on the threat. The problem is that we travel fairly frequently, and I don't know how to re-desensitize her to people walking by. She barks at everyone, including me and my fiance, but only when she is actually inside the vehicle. It's not something she's ever done before, and I know it's somehow related to being transported to the spay/neuter clinic, but I would like if anyone can offer help to make her stop. To clarify, she did not start until I picked her up! She did not bark before I dropped her off, or while I was inside handling paperwork, but she did when I got her and has since. So it is NOT age-related, as someone suggested in my original post.

Asked by Ella on May 8th 2013 in Barking