Should I neuter my old dog with enlarged testicle. Will neutering allow him to live longer?

My 15 year old unaltered male dog went to the vet today and she said one of his testicles is much larger than the other and it's is harder than normal. My boy survived surgery almost 3 years ago from a ruptured spleenic tumor and is doing well. He is cocker eskie mix.
I don't know what to do now. He is 15, do I neuter him now?
Thank you for advice and suggestions!!

Asked by Member 1138983 on Nov 4th 2012 Tagged enlargedtesticle, olddog, neutering, cancer in Senior Pet

Answers

I would speak to your vet about that. He's awfully old to go through surgery, but if he's healthy and extra care is taken by the vet, it might not be an issue. What ever your decision, I hope the outcome is great. Good Luck!

Ikan

I agree on he is a bit old to have this done. If it is something medical that is going to require him to be fixed, that is a different story. But at his age, the operation may be to hard on him to recover from.

Ikan answered on 11/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer