Should I neuter my male 24-months old golden retriever?

Asked by Member 1176379 on Jun 21st 2013 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Starbutt

depends if you plan to have him as stud to breed with females that you advertise if he has a champion blood line or if he is not going to be able to to get to a female. Then agian if he gets way from you one day it may never happen but if he does then he can breed wth any female in heat. They also talk of cancer with unfixed dogs. I had mine fixed because a law cmae about that if the dog male or female is not fixed then you pay $35. for one year but if fixed for 3 years is $25. so I fixed my male and female. Due to cost of the tags.

Rhayden

Starbutt answered on 7/1/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you are not breeding him, then definitely. He could impregnate a local dog by accident, and it is not major surgery for males. Also, he will become calmer when he smells other dogs, especially those in heat. There are low-cost programs available nationwide, or your vet can do it. ^_^