Marley

Should I help remove hair from my small dog's eye or wait for him to blink it out?

My Peek a Poo keeps getting hair clumps in his eyes that don't seem to effect him much but I am worried, should I wait for him or try to softly remove it with my fingers?

Asked by Marley on Jul 28th 2008 in Other Grooming

Answers

Tifanny

Definitely remove the hair. Wash your hands first then you can use a damp cloth or a cotton swab (Q-tip) to lightly clean and move the hairs where they belong. Your Peek-a-Poo might also need those hairs trimmed (get a groomer or your vet to do this as they will know how to without hurting your little one) if the hair is constantly getting in the eyes. Eye infections can occur due to bacteria and also the cornea can be scratched. Both are NOT fun! So, clean the hair out, please. :)

Tifanny answered on 7/29/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Suri

You should not leave a hair or any debris on your doggie's eye if you see it. Do not use any material to rub the eye. Purchase some saline solution from your local store and use the saline solution to pour onto your doggie's eye. The solution itself will help flush the eye and the debris will come out. Rubbing the eye with a q-tip or cotton can cause a corneal abrasion.

Suri answered on 8/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer