Truffle

Should i feed my dog in the morning or at night??

I have started giving my dog 1 meal a day. But i'm not sure whether i should give it to her in the morning or night. Because she doesn't really eat her food at night and early mornings. Since it's getting hotter, here in Australia i don't want her food to become rotten because of the heat. Also, there is this magpie bird that is stealing her food during the day. Even though one meal a day seems pretty tough, she gets small snacks throughout the day.
Extra:
10 month old wheaten terrier
Thanks for the advice :)
Cheers,

Asked by Truffle on Oct 1st 2010 Tagged food, time, day, night in Food & Nutrition

Answers

all year long, esp. in the summer hot months I fed at 5 pm.
I worry about bloat and things, so I always stay safe with the 5 o clock rule.
Or in your case since she is 10 months you could feed one time early morning, I think I was still feeding 2x a day at that age. But, I don't feed snacks. Snacks don't really have anything in them they need. I do use real meat for training.
that would be a healthier snack. But, I don't train in the heat of the day.
it's up to you, I use rules on feeding mainly so they don't get sick.

The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC)

What I do with Silvia is I feed her 2 cups of food in the morning and 1 at night. We break up her meals like this to keep her from getting to full and bloating or something like that.

The Lovely Miss Silvia(AKC) answered on 10/1/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maverick

I would feed Truffle when Truffle is hungry and stick to that time of day so that she gets on schedule. :) She is a cutie for sure!

Maverick answered on 10/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer