Should I be concerned about my 2 year old Catahoula when adopting a small chihuahua puppy?

I have a 2 year old Catahoula Leopard dog, that unlike most Catahoulas, is really relaxed and laid back. He is more of a lap dog than anything! Maxing out at about 65 lbs he was rescused from an agency that seemed to have a variety of big and small dogs in an open-air setting. I am considering adopting a small female chihuahua puppy to add to the family. My boyfriend is concerned that the two will not get along. I am not nearly as worried as I have educated myself on both breeds and forsee little problem. Any advice on how to smooth the transition from 1 dog to 2?

Asked by Member 1062740 on Oct 11th 2011 Tagged bigdoglittledog, chihuahua, catahoula in Behavior & Training