shedding of shibainu/american eskimo is really getting to me after 5 years, what can I do,, it is a daily chore and hair

have a 5 yr. old shibainu/american eskimo dog we have had since a pup. Hair is all over the place and is getting to be a daily cleanup problem, have a groom every three months brush when we can with several brushes that were advised, NOW WHAT?????

Asked by Member 1145093 on Dec 13th 2012 in Grooming

Answers

Have you tried fish oil supplements? It's supposed to take 6 weeks, but reduce the amount of shedding. I hear your frustration because husky fur owns myl life for much of the year. I got a fulminant or, which really helps. I got a Dyson vacuum, which really helps. But our dogs shed a lot and that's just kind of part of loving them, so management is really the only option.

Mika

I agree that is part of these type of Breeds, it's all a part of it there is nothing you can do to completely stop it, use Libby's advice and other then that it is a daily part of my cleaning to with Husky fur :)

Mika answered on 12/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Seth

It could be as simple as feeding a better food to help with shedding. Food that is high in grains and by-products, can cause the coat and skin to be unhealthy.

Seth answered on 12/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

A lot of groomers offer furminator treatments that help vastly if done every 6-8 weeks. Unfortunately, you have a dog mixed with two very hairy breeds. Also a lot of groomers will do just walk in brush out sessions you can do in between full grooms. P.s a comb will be your best friend :)