Chelsea

Safest restraint seat belt or car seat?

I'm going to be taking a long car trip soon with my 8lb dog and am debating whether to use a seat belt versus a dog car seat. If I go with the car seat I'll probably use a completely enclosed one. What are the pros and cons of using a dog seat belt vs. a dog car seat? Which is safest in the event of an accident?

Asked by Chelsea on Mar 15th 2010 Tagged seatbelt, carseat, safest, smalldog in Car Travel

Answers

Shiver Me Timbers

I would personally use the dog seat belt over the dog car seat, if I was worried about my dogs safety, mainly because I know my dog would fight the car seat and would not appreciate it. A seat belt, he'd be less wary of, because he's used to harnesses and leashes. Honestly, over either though, I'd stick to a regular travel kennel. It'd keep my boy far less stressed, safe and within the safety of his 'den' that he's familiar with.

Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie" answered on 3/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer