akos

puppy has what I think is worms???

My friend rescued a puppy yesterday. the lady that had them in the hot sun she took the one that was still okay. She gave him to me. He is playful active drinking and nibbles on food. My concern is he is throwing up white foam and just now pooped white water like mucus type poop. I plan to call the vet and get him in to be seen but im still really worried

Asked by akos on Sep 29th 2013 Tagged puppy, vomit in Puppies

Answers

Puppies get parvo really fast and they die from it even faster!!! I would not wait until tomorrow, I would get him to an emergency vet clinic right now!!!
That does NOT sound like worms, it sounds more like Parvo!!!!

Shasta

Usually worms just cause bloating, and you can see worms in the doo. Get him to a vet ASAP, it does sound like Parvo. Parvo is a very serious condition that a lot of puppies get (some get it even after they've been given a vaccine for it).

Get the lil guy to a vet as soon as you can, literally 12hrs can be the difference between life and death. I'm so glad you guys rescued a pup, I really really hope you can get him through this and let him live a normal happy life!

Best wishes!

Shasta answered on 9/29/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer