price for ear hematoma surgery

my dog has a hematoma on his right ear flap and I thought my vets price was alittle much . Any ideas on a price , So I know it's not alot????

Asked by Member 525251 on Nov 3rd 2007 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Rondo

That's a difficult question to answer. Vet prices vary drastically from area to area of the country. While a spay, for instance, may cost $65 in the rural farm areas, the surgery at a big-city vet clinic where overhead, equipment, etc. are much higher will necessarily charge more. What would be a better plan for you is to call other area vets and see what THEIR going rates are. Comparisons from all over the world aren't going to help you decide what a good price is in YOUR area.

Rondo answered on 11/3/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kane

It cost me about $650 just recently! My fat boy Kane has had a problem with his right ear for a while. I have used everything from Vinegar, proxide, benadryl, to drops provided by vet, steroids, you name it. He's an inside dog, so we kept it pretty clean. He shook his head so hard one day that he busted something in his other ear. I was concerned to put him under, because of his age, so a full work up was done --thank goodness he was in excellent health because the big dogs do not live too long.

So, it was expensive for that reason of the full work up.

Kane answered on 11/4/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

TEXAS TORNADO

I work at a vet and hematomas usually are 350-450, sometimes more if the dog is geriatric or has other health complications that alter anesthesia.

TEXAS TORNADO answered on 11/6/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer