Pepper is 1 year old and he misbehaves too much.i want to housetrain him,but I don't know how.What should I do?

I want to train pepper because he chases people around and bites us and pounces on people too.i don't know what has happened to him because earlier he was perfect even without training.

Asked by Pepper on Feb 23rd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Mika

Yes and now he's bigger.....more hyper.....and has bigger teeth to bite you with!!!!
He needs training, if you aren't sure how to go about that maybe obedience class would be a good start, it is also a great bonding experience for both of you to!

Mika answered on 2/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the previous poster. You need to go with your dog to a beginner training class. There you will learn how to train him. Make sure it is a class that uses positive reinforcement.

I recommend this book on top of your class. It is called Before and After you get your puppy by Ian Dunbar. There is a free download here --> www.dogstardaily.com

He is a teenager now and will test to see how much he can get away with. Be consistent on keeping your boundaries and rules. You really need to work on bite inhibition if is he still biting you! That is really not acceptable at this stage of his life.