Our Chihuahua's belly is turning dark.

We have had her only a few weeks but a couple weeks ago her belly was pink, now is mostly grey. She shows no real signs of any distress at all, no scooting, no excessive licking, she is quite active. I do smell a little fishy smell once in awhile which I assume is anal glads. Her poops were very loose for a couple of weeks so we started giving her carrots for fiber and that cured that right up. Poops are now virtually normal. We do have an appointment with the vet in 4 days (Oct 2nd) which we made before her belly even started to turn. Any ideas on what this can be? I have been giving her excessive belly rubs as she loves it and so do I because her belly is like silk, maybe I did it.

Asked by Member 1133030 on Sep 28th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

Spike

Im only 12 but I have experience as I wish to be a vetinairy nurse.There could be possible skin irritation or a rash as dogs have different coloured skins to us. But I advise no more bely rubs until the vet gives you advise as you could catch the skin complaint asell.

Beth and Spike :)

Spike answered on 9/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer