Our 4 legged family member started chemo 4 Lymphoma today. Can I, and its beneficial to also apply holistic approaches?

We found out Sat. that our "Angel" has Lymphoma. Here it is Tues and we are now one chemo treatment in. Things are moving way to fast. I am not fond of chemo but I felt we were out of time. I would like to apply some holistic remedies along with the chemo. Can this be done along with the chemo without interfering with the chemo? Does it even make sense? Please, any info is greatly appreciated. At only 4 years old, she's got much more love to give and receive. Thank you for your time.

Asked by Member 1197785 on Nov 5th 2013 Tagged cancer, lymphoma, holistic, chemo in The Dogster Website

Answers

Beauty and Nala

Yes do what ever you need to do to make your fur baby feel better. Be sure to ask your vet but im sure he would not disagree that the main goal is to beat the cancer and keep her comfortable. She is lucky to have an owner that loves her so.

Beauty and Nala answered on 11/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Definitely look into massage and acupuncture for dogs. They say chemo is easier on animals than on humans, but I'm not so sure (they hide pain better). Your pet is lucky to have you, but do not let her suffer. There is no dignity in watching an animal die in pain... this I know from experience. Do all that you can, but rest assured we ALL can only do so much. Also pray and have her blessed if that will make you feel better! JOY & PEACE ^_^