One of my dog's ears is red and warm but doesn't seem to bother him.

My dog is a boxer-weimaraner mix, almost 2 yrs old, mostly inside. One ear is flesh tone while the other one is red and warmer than the other. The redness seems a little blotchy.

Asked by Member 1032223 on Apr 28th 2011 Tagged redness, ears in Other Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Warmth and redness indicate inflammation- could be irritation from a foreign body stuck in the ear, could be a bacterial or yeast infection, or could be a reaction to a flea or spider bite or something. You should get it checked out by a vet, uncontrolled ear infections are very painful and can lead to permanent deafness if not treated.

Bruno CGC answered on Apr 29th.

Answers

Of course ears CAN be different, but one warm ear may mean an infection. If the ear seems more sensitive, looks 'wrong' or smells then you'd better check with your vet. Some dogs react to water in their ears, mites, bites (ant, etc.) and contact dermatitis/allergies.

Petri

I agree with the other posts. A great product for yeast & bacteria infections is PETfection Ear Cleaner spray. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and is wonderful at clearing up the redness and getting rid of the gunk. You can check it out at www.mypetfection.com if you are interested. I highly recommend it and found it works much better than any cleaner the vet gave me. Good luck!

Petri answered on 5/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer