New Puppy Weird Habits??

I recently got a new puppy he is six weeks old and he doesn't like to snuggle up to me.. he likes to go hide in the corner behind the couch and sleep! He will go back there and whine but when I go get him from back there to pay attention to him he just whines to get down and runs right back over there and starts whining till he falls asleep! will someone please tell me why he does this??

Asked by Member 1072300 on Nov 19th 2012 Tagged puppy, sleeping in Other Puppies

Answers

Is the pup a rescue or did you get him from a breeder? Is he really 4 weeks old? Most pups aren't taken away from their mothers until they are at least 8 weeks old. With that said, he probably misses him mom and litter-mates. Not all dogs like to snuggle. But you should give him time to get used to you. You can sleep near him for a couple of days and he will likely bond with you. I slept on the floor next to Jax's crate for 3 days, when we first got her. She bonded only with me. Good Luck with him!

You should never get a puppy home if it is less than 8 weeks.I agree with jax, he certainly misses his mother. You need to give him sometime, before he get used to this new environment.