Miley

Need help house training my almost 2 year old Maltipoo

I have a maltipoo that is almost 2 years old. I've had her since she was 8 weeks old and started crate training her first thing. I still use a crate at night and if we're out of the house, and I take her outside to use the bathroom about five or six times a day, but she STILL has accidents in the house. I'm talking about EVERY DAY!! We have gone so far as to gate off our living and dining room so that's the only two rooms she has access too-and she still uses the bathroom in the house. I sucessfully housetrained my 5 year old Shih Tzu by the time he was three months old-still never an accident in the house-but our Maltipoo is a different story. I have tried everything I can think of, and my husband is about to make me find her a new home because it seems like she will never get house broken. I love her so much and want to keep her, please someone tell me something that may work.

Asked by Miley on Aug 4th 2009 Tagged housebreaking, training, maltipoo, adultdog in House Soiling

Answers

No offense, but your dog probably came from a puppy mill or BYB, so that would be a contributing factor. Aster is a great dog to ask for house training advice! Just type in his name in the search engine. She's a Lab. Good Luck, but next time you want a mixed breed, please go to the shelter or PetFinder.com, there are TONS of great ones there!
Thanks! ~ Love, Rosie

When you are around you need to keep a close eye on the dog. Continue to use closed doors or gates to keep it in the same room as you are, and perhaps as I do, a short chain fastened to the computer desk. If you catch it in the act, give it a sharp ''Ah, ah, ah!'' and take it out. When you can't watch it, crate it.