Lucy

Need help before I rescue Lucy

I am considering taking in an abandoned dog which has been rescued by a friend who cannot keep her. Lucy is well trained and friendly. She is a cross Staffie but I don't know what with. Also she has an ear infection and keeps gnawing at a paw. Are Staffies prone to ear infections? I can't see anything wrong with her paw but she will not leave it alone. Please help as she is a lovely dog but if I am looking at future problems I would rather know upfront.

Asked by Lucy on Nov 24th 2013 in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

She could have skin allergies. White dogs have sensitive skin and require conditioning after bathing and sensitive skin and stomach food like Natural Choice in venison or fish. You will also have to groom, clean ears and give Greenies to help clean her teeth on a regular basis. Between food, supplies and vet visits, figure that this dog will cost you $100 a month. If you can figure the time and expense, this is the dog for you. You NEVER know what you are getting into with an animal or a person; if you love them enough, you both will get through it. ^_^

Beauty and Nala

She may also be gnawing at the paw because she is nervous being in new surroundings. Do you know any of her history? She could also be nursing an old injury as well.

Beauty and Nala answered on 11/27/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Taking her to the vet and have her infection treated, giving her a healthy lifestyle and keeping her well-groomed would be of great help.