My yellow lab has a three inch sore it is irritated and swollen there is green puss coming out of it it is on his neck

Hello I have a 7 year old yellow lab he a 3 inch wide sore on his neck from his collar we dont let him wear except when he goes outside the sore is very irritated it a raw red with gross green pus coming from it what can i do to help him out

Asked by Member 1133624 on Oct 1st 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

You need to get him to the vet ASAP. make an appointment for today. He has an infection. Good luck!

Your dog has a serious infection that can lead to many more problems if he doesn't get medical treatment immediately! As an owner your responsibility is to care for him &meet any needs he might have. It's like having children,he can only rely on you. He needs to be treated by your vet with antibiotics & topical treatments. Also wearing his collar even occasionally when going out will only make the wound worse! It is being constantly irritated with an unsterile collar! I'm sure you love him so don't let him suffer. If you had the same wound what would you do for yourself? Good luck