Linkin

My two male dogs have been fighting lately. How do I make them stop?

I have two male pitbull mixes and a female pitbull mix, (i dont know that the mixes are we were told the two younger were full pitbull and are not) The oldest male turned one in April, and the male and female just turned one this month ( they are brother and sister). They started fighting about a month ago, and it keeps getting closer and closer together, (every night for the past 2 nights) They have not been fixed, even the female, and the oldest male (Tyson) attacked the female (Lacie) a while ago twice, and now he is just fighting with the younger male (Linkin) a lot now. I happened to get in the middle of the one last night, and got bit pretty badly. It wasnt their fault though, it was mine, I was just trying to break them up. It was the worst one yet, Now we are keeping the males seperated. I am trying to get them fixed. Will this help? If not, what can I do to help them with this, I love them all so much, and I want to do anything possible to stop it! HELP!!

Asked by Linkin on Jul 17th 2008 in Aggression

Answers

Scout

Getting them all neutered should help. But do this sooner rather than later for a couple of reasons. First, if this becomes an ingrained habit or behavior, it will be harder to stop. Second, your female could get pregnant.

Please, get them all neutered. It will make for a much more peaceful household for everyone.

Scout answered on 7/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Saint Raphael

Getting them fixed will help calm down the situation. I would suggest doing this as soon as possible.

Saint Raphael answered on 7/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chewy

I agree with the other answers,a couple of them being of the same genders and not being fixed ontop of that does not help the situation but it may calm them down a bit.It is not 100 percent your fauilt pits can be trained to be awesome dogs and even get along with other dogs but they still have a bit of dog aggression in them even if they do not show it all the time.The dog whisperer himself said his pitbull is a great dog and loves most other dogs but needs to be reminded that he cannot fight with other dogs.I would each day let each dog see eachother one at a time in a neutral area maybe like a park so they dont think they are fighting over their own territory.You should start walking them together so they form a pack bond and the fighting will decrease.I hope this helps if you have any other questions i could possibly help with just send me a message.IF they get into a bad brawl and "lock" onto eachother pick one up and have someone pick up another and hold them until they let go.

Chewy answered on 2/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer