Smokey

My Staffy/Pitbull has recently got these sores on her and I am not sure what they are, can anyone help?

She is about 9 years old and just got these strange sores on her, they are perfectly round and open, I have attached a pic for more info.

i.imagehost.org

Asked by Smokey on Dec 14th 2009 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

They look like tumors to me... raised and with well defined edges. I agree, it's vet time.

answered on Dec 14th.

Answers

Natcho

Hm, that's very strange. I'd say take her to the vet, because of her age, you want to be on the safe side. Sorry that I couldn't help.

Natcho answered on 12/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Until I looked I thought - hot spots - but no.
I would see the Vet just to be sure.
I hope she will be okay.

shiloh Bear

they look like bed sores please take her to the vet

shiloh Bear answered on 12/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I don't know either but it does look like she has been chewing, as it is fresh looking and bare.
I would get her to a vet and use a med collar to stop her chewing and licking.
If the area stays moist that can harvest more infection, bacteria or fungi.
If you want to buy the med collar and try a dab of neosporin til it is gone then only then when it is healed use century 21 wound lotion to apply it does work. They sell it at Petsmart.
It kills bacteria on the skin and smells great. You rub in and leave. Use every other day for one week.

Maybe ringworm. I have never seen it, so maybe do some research. A vet visit is defiately in order for your girl.
Hope she feels better soon.