my springer spaniel-12yrs- liver brown spots- just has a stye on his eyelid.about a tenth of inch in size-any remedy?

Asked by Member 1092204 on Feb 14th 2012 in General

Answers

You can apply a warm, wet washcloth to it a few times a day. If it doesn't start to go down or his eye starts to get goobers or runs, a fantastic product you can use is PETfection Eye Wash & Cleaner. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic and will help clean out the gunk and prevent infections. It might also help get the stye to go away. Hope this helps, good luck!

Are you absolutely sure this is a stye and not a skin growth of some type??
My 12 year old mini poodle had what appeared to be a simple growth/skin tag on his eyelid and it turned out to be a tumor which had invaded the entire underside of his lid. It took extensive surgery to get it removed, and that eye STILL bothers him nearly a year later. My vet suspects it has continued to grow within the eyelid but the only option left is to completely remove the eyelid, which would mean removing his eye as well.
We are currently treating him with daily luberants to keep the tumor from rubbing on his eyeball and causing more issues.
When anything involves the eye I would definitely have a veterinarian check it out BEFORE I tried any home remedy and created further problems.
It may be a simple stye and some antibiotic ointment will help cure it OR it could be a much more serious condition as in the case of my dog.