My sister has a 7 yr old Shipoo male. When he comes over to my house he marks everywhere in the house. What can I do?

Asked by Member 1155746 on Feb 17th 2013 in House Soiling

Answers

Don't let him! This is not a "natural" thing. Dogs need to be trained. If a dog is allowed to mark, he will mark. If he is not allowed to mark, he won't. Simple.
Clean your house thoroughly to remove any odor. Use an enzyme based cleaner..not ammonia.
When the dog comes over, he needs to be tethered to your sister..not allowed to roam through your house. If she will not tether him, the insist she bring a crate for him. Just like house breaking.
This is YOUR house. Why should it be ruined by HER dog. If she can not abide by your rules, then leave the dog at home when she visits you.

Since he is not your dog, but it IS your house I would refuse to let him visit as Wiley suggested.
Failing that, I would suggest he wear a pee belt when visiting if she still brings him and doesn't crate him!