My shih tzu vomits a yellowish saliva during morning. What could be the reason for this?

My dog has recently threw up yellowish saliva.. I took her already to a vet and the doctor said said it may be due to acidity in her stomach. All the doctor said is to let her drink water. But she still keeps on throwing up. It doesn't happen everyday but I am worried about it. She usually throws up in the morning. Can you please help me? I want to know the reason why she is having such illness and if possible a remedy or cure for that. Thank you!!

Asked by Member 997443 on Aug 24th 2010 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Maggie

If it is yellow foamy liquid she's throwing up (with no food or bile) then it's probably because her stomach is empty and it is trying to digest and there's nothing there. Our Maggie used to do this once in a while and it would be in the morning. Try to feed your dog a little snack before putting her to bed. If she has a little food in her system, it should help her ease the acidity.

Maggie answered on Aug 24th.

Answers

One of my mini Schnauzers had this type of problem. Now I give him a bedtime snack. It seems to help him to not throw up. His stomach isn't empty come morning.
Good luck.

I found that if it is frequent upset to examine your dogfood closely and try to find a food that is totally opposite. Maybe there is one ingredient that is not agreeing with her.
Hope she feels better soon. Sweet potatoes and yellow potatoes are something I use for upset tummies. I cook them in oven or boil them.
Sometimes just a dab of plain yogurt does it too. But, if it is her dogfood it will just re-occur

Izzibelle

I use to have a dog that did the same thing. It was because she was hungry. She needed to be fed more frequently. I fed her a light meal at night and fed her first thing in the morning.

Izzibelle answered on 8/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer