Shiloh

My Shih tzu started to limp a lot just this morning... Any ideas why this is happening?

I'm very worried that my dog has a fracture or something really bad. So could someone pawlease tell me why he's limping so much... Any advice or ideas will be most appreciated.

Asked by Shiloh on May 13th 2009 Tagged limp, shihtzu, fracture, legproblems in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

First, check for paws and leg for anything that may cause a limp. Thorn(s), cuts, etc. If you cannot find anything, then it's time to have a vet examine it.

Try manipulating the leg. It is seems to cause a lot of pain, I would call the vet today. Otherwise, let it go a day or 2 and see if it gets better. Usually those things don't get worse without treatment.

Max (aka Sebastian)

Do not wait a couple of days before going to the vet. Dogs have a high tolerence for pain and if your dog is showing signs of pain then something needs to be done. If the dog will let you look at the area, check the paws, if not take to the vet, don't let it just suffer.

Max (aka Sebastian) answered on 5/14/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer