My senior dog can't stand on wood floors, she keeps sliding. I saw rubberized paw paint, but can't find it now. Help.

I have tried booties, but she won't wear them. I saw this paint in some catelog it looks like its nail polish, but it for their pads. Supposed to help protect floors.

Asked by Member 711942 on Aug 20th 2008 Tagged senior, slipping, woodfloors in Other Pet Products

Answers

Are you able to keep her in a room where she doesn't have to walk on the wood floor? Probably your best and most effective bet is to purchase a rug for her to walk on when she is on the wood floors. My parents have some Goldens who are older and they too have trouble on the slicker floors. I had them get some rugs in the room so they can walk from room to room that has wood floors, and they haven't slipped since. It will definitely be more effecitve than any other product you will purchase, since it won't wear off or go anywhere.

Cosmo Hicks (1996-2012)

I saw some sticky things that you put on their feet that I considered buying. I want to say I saw it at Orvis.com in the dog section. I have not bought them yet because my husband didn't think Cosmo would like them. I still might try them anyway.

Cosmo Hicks (1996-2012) answered on 8/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The truth; Nature's way of telling the dog/cat that it is time to go. Don't Panic! This is the Natural way! When the animal's time has come? He/she will 1;lack interest in food,2begin to look for dark places ,corners in the house, Can't stand/keep sitting/sliding on the floor...It's time! Your animal has days, Weeks at best. Hug them, Love them, But nature has called them Don't bother going to the vets. They'll charge you ridiculous amounts of money to keep your animal alive. Let it go! If they are Not suffering? Nature is calling. Hug them comfort them, But they are going...HOME! Naturally, No euthanasia. What could you ask for more?

There is a product that Slipdoctors makes which I sprayed on my hardwood floors. It doesn't show but makes the floors a lot less slippery. I think I've found the answer. I tried booties and rubber stair runners, area rugs etc. This is much better. No I don't work for Slipdoctors or have any affiliation.
Slipdoctors.com