my purebred pomeranian has flat fur whats wrong?

i baught a pomeranian a few months ago that i was told was a purebred i have seen both of his parents and they looked like pomeranians but my pom has almost completely flat fur he has a lil bit of fluffy fur round his ears and thats about it i have seen heaps of pics of poms his age or younger but none of them had as much flat fur as he does they were all extremely fluffy my pom has the face and figure of a pom though its just the fur that is different is something wrong? or have i been scammed is he purebred?

Asked by Member 1033424 on May 11th 2011 Tagged pomeranian, flatfur, notfluffy, purebred in Pomeranian

Answers

Your pom is a baby and still has his puppy coat. That full, fluffy coat comes with his adult coat, at about a year or even older.
Also, coat is also genetic and if his parents or ancestors had sparce coats he may likely have a thin coat as well.
IF his parents both had full coats I would assume he will get his as he gets his adult coat.

Samson

I am sure you have not been scammed. Poms all go through a coat change. My daughter has one and we thought the same thing - at one point he looked like he had some type of mange. He is 2 years old now and absolutely beautiful. The hair will come in it just takes time.

Samson answered on 5/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cowboy

I have an adult pom (~14 months) and he has flat fur. He does not have the voluminous, fluffy show coat. The only fluffy place on his body is his butt, where his undercoat is more prominent.

Cowboy answered on 3/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer