Bugsy

My puppy was throwing up clear/yellowy liquids, but today after our walk, he threw up HUGE amounts of chunky food stuffs

What is going on??? I have an appointment with the vet in about 15mins, but have anyone had this happen to their pup?? Please help, I'm really worried about him.

Asked by Bugsy on Oct 24th 2007 in Illness & Disease

Answers

I understand you're worried. I would be, too.

Something is definitely wrong, and it could be serious. Or, it could be something as simple as your puppy's food not agreeing with him.

When you go to the vet, be sure to mention anything you can think of that might have caused this. Was the puppy alone at any time in the yard? Could it be possible that the puppy at a mushroom or other poisonous plant over the last WEEK (sometimes, toxins take a few days to show up.)

The yellowy liquid is more than likely bile, which comes from an empty stomach. Ask your vet about the difference between throwing up bile or yellow foamy liquid and throwing up food, okay?

Good luck, and be sure to come back and post a new question telling us how he is, okay?

chuchito :o}

scarry fur me,cause my dog did of parvo and that was one first sign I WILL PRAY THAT it not , good luck ... let us know!! :0)

chuchito :o} answered on 10/24/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bleu

After you take him to the Vet, I would suggest no food for 6-12 hours, then I would suggest organic plain yougurt with live culture and white rice (small amount). If Bugsy keeps that down for a few hours, I would recommend bannana, rice, yogurt for 1 more day. If all goes well, you need to get him on his normal diet.

All 5 of mine had a virus this weekends. We had it coming out of both ends. This rememdy worked like a charm.

Bleu answered on 10/24/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Maciavelli

My dog is going through the same thing right now. He has thrown up about seven times today. His energy level and appetite are normal but he keeps throwing up food and bile. I am interested in what your dog's diagnosis was.

Maciavelli answered on 10/25/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My 3-year old beagle is going through the same thing. He's been throwing up once a day for like a week, usually all the food he ate that day or just white & yellowish stuff (bile I suposse?) The vet is closed on the weekends so I'll have to wait to make an appointment for Monday, but I'm very interested to know your dogs diagnosis since it's very similar.