My puppy just turned a year old last month and is still squatting to urinate, is this a problem?

Asked by Member 1022063 on Oct 1st 2011 Tagged urinating, squatting in Health & Wellness

Answers

Kc

No. I don't think so. My cousin has a male dog and he is almost two now and as far as I know he still squats.

Kc answered on 10/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Nope. Could be considered a good thing, since he's less likely to mark that way. Which means you probably won't have to worry about him marking in the house.

A relative of mine had a Jack Russell who always squatted to pee. Never lifted his leg until he spent some time with my dog, and even after that he normally still squatted.

Kaos

No, This is perfectly normal and I have a Staffy who is now a year old as well and has never lifted his leg to mark ,ever.I think it's a good thing that he doesn't do so as it means he's less likely to mark your home or stop outside every so often to mark.I've heard somewhere that a dog will learn it once he has seen an other dog do so but that is not always the case.

Kaos answered on 10/2/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Seth

I had a dog that lived to be 15 and never lifted his leg.

Seth answered on 10/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer