My puppy is constantly licking my sheets, blankets, and couch until they are soaking wet? Does anyone know why?

Asked by Member 747002 on Oct 5th 2008 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

♥ DarlaMae  ♥

Many dogs are "fabric lickers, I am one of them :)", iIt is often is a comforting action to them and relieves anxirey or boredom especially if it is done before bedtime. Your puppy if you have just adopted may miss his littermates and all puppies are bundles of activity. I would just keep him active,well fed and not worry too much if all else is ok. I have heard some breeds are more predisposed to this "quirk" . Congrats on your new family member and happy pet parenting. Join Dogster and Check out the forums here lots of helpful info and great pups here as well as books at your library for new pet parents.

♥ DarlaMae ♥ answered on 10/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer