My puppy is 11 weeks and her back tooth is bleeding, she's completely fine in herself, but should we ring the vet?

Blood on top of tooth and toy

Asked by Member 1150817 on Jan 19th 2013 in Puppies

Answers

If she broke it then I would see a vet. She's too young for them to fall out. If you think she injured it, then I would have her checked out. Good Luck!

I agree with the other pup. I would take her to the vet because she is too young to be loosing teeth

At 11 weeks, the bigger molars are erupting thru the gums. If she was chewing on a toy, most likely the pressure caused the tooth to tear the gum slightly as it pressed on it... perfectly normal.
This is why teething is painful...those teeth need to actually break thru the gums, which DOES result in bleeding/pain.