My puppy has poop stuck in his butt. How do I get it out?

Asked by Member 795911 on Feb 5th 2009 in Health & Safety

Answers

Nibbles

I asume you mean it is in his fur. This happens with longer hair breeds. Take him in the bathroom and wash his behind with some warm water and some soap. You don't have to wash the entire dog. You may even chose to use a wash cloth. You can towel dry his rear or if you use a blow dryer make sure it is set on warm, not hot. It can burn them.

Nibbles answered on 2/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

If it is in his rear rather than caught in his fur, you're going to have to get a rag and wipe it off or pull it out. You'll have to hold your pup tight though.
If you wipe it, make the rag damp with warm water.

♥Tiffy♥

I've been here before. I take rubber gloves or a plastic bag if I don't have any and just go up her bootie and pull it out. This has only happened when she was constipated. It's not as hard (or yucky) as it sounds.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 2/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Mini

If it is stuck in his bum, sadly it has also happened to my dog. We were out of town and I had to use a leaf to pull it out! If it's more than a one time thing maybe get that checked out. If it's rare then I guess that's one of the joys of having a dog! Haha, good luck to you both :)

Mini answered on 2/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer