Victory

My puppy has parvo and other issues. How will I know when she's out of the woods?

She was diagnosed with Parvo Saturday and she had two days of IV treatment by the best vets in the world. Vicki is sleeping lots and kept down food at the vet office. She's home now, no vomiting (not even in the car YAY!) and never really had diarrhea. How long does parvo take to run it's course and how will i know she's out of the woods? I hope she makes it.

Asked by Victory on Jul 6th 2009 in Illness & Disease

Answers

Parvo usually runs its coarse in 1 - 2 weeks.

Ace

Ace had Parvo, and he was admitted to the hospital on a Monday, and I believe he was there for a week and then he was home. It depends on the dog. Just watch her, I'm sure if they sent her home she is fine. A good vet wouldn't send her home if she was still sick. Hope she is okay. :)

Ace answered on 7/6/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer