Titan

My pup will not sleep

My 4 month old pup will not sleep on his own he only sleeps if I'm on the couch, I've tried having him in my room and he still won't sleep I want him to sleep in his room but he wil cry and cry until I come out let him out and sleep on the couch I don't know what to do. Please help me

Asked by Titan on Nov 24th 2013 Tagged sleep in Behavior & Training

Answers

Surprise!- your pup has figured out that if he whines for long enough, you will come. You have created this behavior, and now you have to end it. LEAVE HIM with a toy and go to bed with earplugs in. After a week, he will get it. In a few months he will be a teenage dog and some behaviors will become ingrained, so tough love to break him of this habit... or you are not going to be sleeping. Dogs, like people, tend to behave in the manner in which they know that they can get away with. Don't let this happen with your pup!! ^_^