My pup Remi has small, dry scabs all over her body. They are rapidly spreading. Any ideas in what they could be?

The scabs started appearing about 10 days ago. They are dry and small but they seem to be bothering her more and more. We recently got a second puppy who is 3 months, Remi is 7 months. We also got an old dog bed from my sister. I didn't wash the cover. Once I saw the scabs we took away the new bed and put back the old one. Any ideas on what they could be? They seem to be spreading quickly around her ears and bum.

Asked by Member 1180546 on Jul 15th 2013 in Skin Problems

Answers

There's a good chance that she got fleas/ticks from the new pup. You will have to vacate everyone from the inside, treat the house, treat the animals outside with something okayed by your vet, ventilate, and then put everything back. It's happened to me twice and it's quite a clean-up process, but your dogs will be much happier when it's over. ^_^