Percy

My Pomeranian is missing teeth and his tongue. sticks out. Is there something I should do? It doesn't bother him.

Percy is 8 years old pommie and has lost so many teeth esp.on the side that his tongue sticks out and becomes very dry. Is there anything I should do? He doesn't seem to mind. He is a happy little guy and I want him to stay that way. Any advice you guys have is appreciated.

Asked by Percy on Dec 30th 2012 Tagged elderlydog, pomeranian, teeth, dental in Dental Care

Answers

Lexus

What is the cause of him losing teeth? When were his teeth last checked? Has he had a gum disease that has made this happen? If you haven't had his mouth checked by a vet that would be the first thing I would do just to see why his teeth are falling out. I dont really see much you can do, there is no way to make his tongue stay in his mouth.....that i know of anyways. But for sure have his his mouth checked out and make sure all is well in that aspect. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Lexus answered on 12/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Tinkerbell

I agree with the first answer, definitely try to get your Pom to a vet to check his teeth.

Did you know that dental disease in dogs is much more serious than just some rotting teeth? The bacteria can cause serious heart damage and harm other organs as well.

If you can't afford a vet, check with your local humane society and good luck with this.

Tinkerbell answered on 1/10/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer