Tedd

my pomapoo turned gray why?

My dog is a poodle and a Pom. mix, when i 1st got him he was black now he is 9 month's old and is gray. If you can see in these pictures he is gray???? Why is that i do know that small dog's do get gray hair (and gets older) than a big dog. (but a small dog lives longer yay)
What is going on with my mutt???

Asked by Tedd "E" Bear on Oct 28th 2011 Tagged poodle, pom, mix, mutt, gray, hair, small, dogs, dog, older in Breeds

Answers

All silver, gray and blue poodles start out black and gradually get lighter as they age. This is perfectly normal and is to be expected.

Kiara Crystelle

It's actually considered hard to get a Black Poodle that stays black. Usually they stay true black for maybe a year, then progressively at least phase into blue. Some hold out longer. Poodles coat is hair like, not fur. When looking for a purebred Poodle, we part the coat and look at the roots. If it is lighter than the rest of the hair the puppy will get lighter. This is often the case with Poodle crosses as well.

Kiara Crystelle answered on 5/3/15. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer