My pit puppy got pregnant on her first heat by accident, sometime between march 20-30 when should she deliver?

Also I have two male pitbulls is it better to keep her seperated from them? Oh how much and what's the best for her to eat?

Asked by Member 628872 on May 2nd 2008 in Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Dogs's pregnancy is about 60-63 days.I believe that you should keep her seperated from the males pitbulls.You have to give her the quantity of food you used to.Only the last feew weeks you must increase her food.What she should eat indepences on what you feed her before.If you feed her a good brance of dry/wet food,continue it.But if it's not that good try to find anoteher one.

answered on May 3rd.

Answers

www.chelsea
www.petplace.com

I'm sorry that this happened. This could hurt your puppy and stunt her growth. The birthing should begin 9 weeks after mating, give or take a few days.
Please get her spayed AFTER the puppies (if she is pregnant, it may be a false pregnancy) are given away. Please don't give them away until AFTER they are 8 weeks old. They need the first two months at the very least to learn how to behave like a dog from their mother.
I would keep her separated from your male dogs. Please neuter your male dogs ASAP unless there is a health reason not to or if they are show dogs.

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!!

It sounds like U know that this is not a good thing 4 her 2 of gotten pregnant during her first heat.But in answer 2 ur questions 63 days from the time of the 1st breeding.If ur dogs R use 2 being all together then leave them together till close 2 the day she is due.She should really B checked by a Vet if she has not been already.She is so young that a Vet should B aware & B at the sidelines 2 help U if anything goes wrong.Ur girl should also B put on puppy food now so that she has the right nutrients 4 herself & the unborn pups.She should B kept on puppy food until the pups R weaned.U will B able 2 tell when she is ready 2 have the pups if U take her temprature(which is done rectally),once her temp has gone below normal then she will deliver with in 24 hours.Normal dog temp is between 101.5 & 102.5 degrees.A plastic kids pool works well 4 having the pups in & raising them.Line the pool with blanket & towels &change them daily.No holes in the towels or blankets.Pawmail me if queastions

Clay R.I.P. my handsome boy!! answered on 5/3/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer