my pit bull has had problems with dry skin and hair loss. i would like to know of something i could on my own to help r

Asked by Member 870502 on Aug 23rd 2009 Tagged homeremedies in Health & Wellness

Answers

Feed a decent chow and as little else as possible, seldom if ever bathe the dog, and brush it daily with a soft bristled brush. You might add a teaspoon a day of liquid cooking oil to its food.

Avoid overweight. It can cause skin problems too. Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food adjusted to its individual needs. Here is a link to a good illustrated guide, www.longliveyourdog.com

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

I would first start at vets to do a skin scrap to see if there is yeast or mites. Then search out a dogfood after that has been addressed. I know many bulldog owners who feed Solid Gold products.
There is some more nice ones in petstores as well like Evo and California naturals.

Try not to continually bathe your dog too much. The vet if they find anything will give you meds to wash with.

Other than that a bath say every other month such a Solid Gold's herbal shampoo is good.
I have great results from using it.

www.solidgoldhealth.com

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 8/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

my dog had that issue so i decided to wash her with a shampoo that has oatmeal it works kinda like a moisturizer and i would ask your vet for the loss of hair