Bear

my Pekingese has white pus in his ear and he bites .he is a rescued dog any idea on how to treat him he hard to take to

Asked by Bear on Apr 9th 2014 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Willow

Since your are not sure what is causing the pus, I would recommend you take Bear to the vet to find out what is occurring and have it treated. Poor baby.

Willow answered on 4/10/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Taking your dog to the vet is the best thing to do at the moment so that there can be an appropriate diagnosis and accurate treatment can be given.

This sounds like an ear infection, and it really needs to be seen by a vet so that they can culture the infection and prescribe an antibiotic. If your dog bites, you should be prepared to muzzle him before you get to the vet. Muzzles are pretty affordable, but your vet will have one and will probably ask you to put it on when you arrive. If you haven't already informed your vet of this behavioral issue, you really should do so before asking them to treat your dog. I'm certain your dog isn't the only animal they see that has this issue.