My old dog will only eat Ol Roy dog dog food, what should I do?

I am about at my wit's end with finding foor for Hallie. She is 13 years old and has all sorts of eating issues. At first she would choke on her food, so I started wetting it to make the kibbles slippery, and that fixed the problem. Then she decided that she wouldn't eat unless it was basically soup and all the kibbles were floating, so we added more water. Then she decided she doesn't like any dog food (soupy, wetted, or dry) except Ol Roy (believe me, I've tried every other brand available in the area), but I've heard that Ol Roy is the "worst" dog food there is. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Asked by Member 1142912 on Nov 29th 2012 in Pet Food

Answers

She's 13 years old! Who knows how much time she has left. Don't make a big deal out of an old dogs food preference! Let her have it.
You can wet it with boiling water to soften it a lot. Let it cool. It will be mushy, but at least it will be Ol Roy for her.

Snicker is right! Let her eat the good ol' OL ROY. It hasn't done any harm to her so far and I am sure she is going to be fine in future too :)

You are right, ol'roy is not very good food at all. But it is better that they eat something then nothing at all. And at the age of 13, if they are eating then stay with it if nothing else seems to work.

Mika

I agree with the other posters. Leave her on Ol Roy.....not a good food, but she is getting older and making her stressed out about her food is probably not a good idea.
Goof Luck with everything

Mika answered on 11/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Roger Biduk

Ol' Roy is the worst of the worst and what's really sad is that it has 20% of the pet food market in the U.S. because it's so cheap (contains NO meat!).

Here's 269 complaints and reviews of Ol' Roy on the consumers Affairs website: www.consumeraffairs.com

Here's a good review of Ol' Roy: www.bestcatanddognutrition.com
Roger Biduk

Roger Biduk answered on 8/28/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer