my male dog keeps licking my other male dogs privates and it always ends up in a fight how do i stop it both not fixed.

Asked by Member 806147 on Feb 19th 2009 Tagged licking, privates in Behavior & Training

Answers

thor

My youngest male, neutered, does this with my oldest male, neutered also. It drove me crazy for a while, seems yucky, but i did a little research and learned that it is a dominance thing, one is trying to prove the alpha over the other. sorry to hear it ends in fights, im not sure what to do about that, do you plan on having them neutered, the vet told me it mellows them out, maybe that would help. good luck to you with this. big hugs from our dog family!

thor answered on 2/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Baxter

I would get them fixed.
And make the annoying one stop bothering the other one.
I guess that is his way of tormenting the other one.

Baxter answered on 2/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Get them fixed.
If you can't afford it, then talk to your vet for payment plans or find a low cost place that will do it. Your local shelter would be a good place to start.
Neuter, neuter, neuter them.

Our 4 month old puppy does the same with our 3 year old dog- and the puppy is not neutard. He will be soon though so all I have to suggest is to neutar both of them. Good luck

Misu

I don't know, my dog does this as well it is super embarrassing at the dog park, but I just read that it is just another way for dogs to greet, and that neutering will not help...but you should have them neutered anyway (unless you are planning on breeding them) it is better for their health. 95% of dogs neutered before 1yr are at a reduced risk for cancer when they get older.

Misu answered on 3/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer